Saturday, December 14, 2013

Thankful and SO Blessed!


I have been thinking about writing a blessing/thankful post since before Thanksgiving and I am finally doing it! I just keep having those days when all I can do is be thankful for all that God has done and thankful for all the people around me! BLESSED! JUST BLESSED!

This time of the year comes and I find myself thinking back on what has happened in the last year. All the people I have seen, all the things I have done and things I thought I'd do this year. The years seem to be going faster and faster! It seems like last year I was student teaching, and that I just had meet Andy, and I had no idea what I was going to do next. and Yes you can say it, I'm getting old... well at least I'm starting to feel old! lol

This year was different than many years in the past. Andy and I were married, we both had bills to pay, we still had no idea what was coming next in our lives but the best thing of all was that we had each other. I will say that God knew what he was doing when he brought Andy and I together 3 years ago while working at target. lol I used to be so scared of what came after college, how I would do it all myself, God must've known I couldn't do it on my own :-). Andy has been a great constant in the past year! Its amazing when you get to come home to one place and have a person who is always there, how your life can feel great, even when times aren't always great. So my first Thank you for the year and one of my biggest blessing from God is Andy! LOVE YOU BABE! I never want to live without you again. The little things are the best! Making the bed, vacuuming, emptying the garbage, filling my tires... the list could go on :-)

The other huge blessing is having work. This year we had no idea where we would be after May. Would Andy still have a job? Would we be moving? But as always, God provides! Andy stayed with his job at Boston Scientific till July and then started a new one at Toro, with NO off days in between.  AMAZING! God is good! 
And its almost been 2 years of Nannying for me. Who knew that when I started working for a husband and wife with 2 little boys that I found on care.com I would still be there 2 years later. A few months later she referred me to her friend who had 2 girls and that has been my job for the last 2 years, 4-5 days a week. I can't explain how amazing these families are. The amazing women I work for are not only my employers but they are my friends and my mentors. I can only hope I can remember all the things that have taught be when I someday have kids. Such a blessing! 

And now I have to say how thankful I am for my family! I have so many people who are always there for me. I'm thankful that I get along with my parents so much better than I ever did in high school (sorry mom and dad) and that my siblings are my best friends! (who would've guessed that would happen!) I also have another big in-law family I get to share special times with and I'm thankful for their place in my life!  Not to forget about my extended family who are there for everything, my friends from way back in elementary/middle school who I don't get to see often but I love dearly and the many friends who I have met in the past 5-6 years. Your input in my life helps me to be a better person and think about who I really want to be. 

When I look back on all the worries in the past year, about work, bills, money, life in general,  I am just thankful God provides, thankful for jobs, thankful we CAN pay bills, thankful we have a place to live, thankful we both have a car to drive and we have food in our cupboards! Life is good :-)

SO although this year didn't go exactly like I thought it might, God provided and He blessed me more than I could have expected. I look forward to this upcoming year. If next year things don't go how I think they should I know that God will always provide, He will bless us in His way and He will never leave us. I'm feeling SO blessed and thankful for HIS love and guidance!

No comments:

Post a Comment